Postpone your upgrade?

As the year was coming to an end and winter was strongly making it's presence felt I thought of  writing more frequently. But then, year was ending and I had many important (atleast I felt so, then) official assignments in first week of January so, may be I will start after I am done with this. I had gathered many ideas meanwhile and had a list of topics to be written on. Then, I had to attend my school friend's wedding in the third week so second week passed by with the "thoughts of" (and not the actual) preparations to travel and attend the wedding. Gone are three weeks, fourth week came with illness in store caused due to season change. So, here comes first week of February to start my writing.



I don't know, if this happens to you as well, I will start doing such and such thing after I finish so and so task 
Ex: 'once I am done with my prelims I will study hard for the final exams' 'Once I am done with exams, I will exercise'; 'I will start wearing the new set of clothes to work after monsoon'; 'I will learn driving after rains'; 'I will learn to cook next year'; 'I will start cycling from tomorrow (okay! may be next week)';'I will join guitar class one day'; 'This time it's a busy schedule, but next time I visit Mumbai I will surely visit Elephanta caves'...

We have reasons to 'not to do' or postpone 'indefinitely' certain things at a certain time. The reasons are seldom valid in a long run. We plan for many such things but could not execute it and that too for silly reasons. Days and years will pass by and we would keep on planning. We are afraid of deviating from the original plan. We are afraid of spending time on things we want to do instead we spend our time to things what others want us to do. In a way, we keep on postponing our upgrade!


Life never comes as we have planned, so why not surprise life and do things impromptu.  Hence, I am now learning to do things and complete tasks when I think about it rather than waiting for something. And not because I want to tick mark something off my list, but I want to live life as I live in my imaginations. So when I thought I should write, I didn't wait for weekend.. I did it right away.. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic, motivation and me

Aihole Pattadakal and Badami Caves

Her little concern!