Pandemic, motivation and me

What's the similarity or difference in the below quotes?

"Some people will hate you just because they see you getting success they think they deserve from the work they haven’t done” (source Twitter).

Vs

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” (source google).

Yes, these are both motivational quotes. Right!

But, one projects anger, irritation or hurtfulness and the latter encourage and inspires. 

What leads to inspiration or discouragement? Expectations sometimes are far from reality. When these two overlap, we are happy and joyful. But when they are afar we tend to be surprised, be angry or end up feeling hurt.  I expected something of a person which in reality wasn't delivered. I had this fantasy in my head where some person, according to me, must respond in a certain way, to a situation, but they didn't. I was hurt! Should I be hurt or angry? Even if I am, how should I react? I know we can't decide how we react, but we can sure modulate what we expect from someone else. What has lead me into this uncertainty in reacting to people? Is it this pandemic?

I am anxious, afraid, bored. Who isn't these days? This phase is difficult for all of us. This pandemic makes us feel vulnerable and helpless at times. And not everyone knows how to react. We have lost touch with people. We are afraid of people and avoiding people is better for us these days.  We should have really called it "physical distancing" and not "social distancing". I fear my toddler won't know how to interact with a stranger once this is over. How would I expect him to understand complex social interactions? What will take us through, we don't know, but keeping our minds together will certainly help.



So below is the shortest self-help guide for me. Hope this keeps reminding me to be considerate of people and not letting me get affected by the circumstances at least till this ends. 

  1. Be kind!
  2. Appreciate people and let them know.
  3. Accept them the way they are.
  4. Accept their point of view. Just listen. Don't react. 
  5. Let someone know if you miss them, they miss you too.
  6. Don't expect from anyone, but let them know you if you do.
  7. Forgive! Because pandemic has a strong impact on social interactions.
  8. MOST IMPORTANTLY! Get inspired and take efforts to inspire.
I would describe the picture as "Sun outshining the clouds" and not as "Clouds overshadowing the Sun". 
I am the SUN!

Comments

  1. खरंच आहे मॅडम या परिस्थितीमध्ये आपणा सर्वांनाच अशा विचारांची गरज आहे. ज्यामुळे आपण स्वत आपण मोटिवेट होऊ आणि इतरांना सुद्धा मोटिवेट करू शकतो. सध्या आपण पेपर वगैरे वाचून काळजी करतो त्यामुळे आपण घाबरतो परंतु घाबरल्यामुळे तरी सर्व समाज काळजी घेतो परंतु त्याचाच दुसरा आणखी सुद्धा आपण अर्थ घेतला पाहिजे, वाईट बातमी सोबत चांगला बातम्या सुद्धा असतात त्यांची चांगल्या घटने कडे आपले लक्षच जात नाही. दोन्हींचा एकत्रित वापर केला तर नक्कीच आपल्या विचारांमध्ये फरक होईल.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. डॉक्टर सुलक्षणा बनसोडे

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pune and its appetite!

Aihole Pattadakal and Badami Caves