Transforming Chrysalis- emerging out of comfort zone



Recently, one of my friends posted on a watsapp group, “I am getting bored and send me ideas to entertain myself.” We all on the group proposed several ideas and she was entertained for a while. But this thread was entangled with my thoughts. Why do we get bored? Bored of routine? Bored of eating regular food? Bored of driving the same way to office? Bored of watching same TV show for years? Enough!  Atleast, I need change from routine. Magnitude of change matters and this magnitude depend on my ability to move out of my comfort zone. The more I move away from the zone, the more confident I am, to come back to my routine. This change helps me find my place and importance and makes me realize things I could enjoy or I am able to do which I was never aware of.


I really love to sit on my comfort couch, watch TV and enjoy my tea in the evening. I am refreshed for an hour or two after that. But I would more enjoy if the tea is served on a hilltop with my friends around. I need to get out of that couch, take some efforts, call my friends, drive to the hill top, spend some money and time and I am refreshed for another week.

But if you are thinking that, travel, outings and holidays are the only ways to get out of our zone, you are wrong. I tried talking to strangers; it is fun except for few experiences. But I learn from every experience. There is nothing wrong in helping a stranger, people enjoy it. And you feel happy to realize your importance. Appreciate small things and nice gestures but don’t forget to speak out your disappointments (more importantly, never brag about it). You just need to overcome those initial inhibitions.
Coming out of comfort zone doesn’t really mean to do things which are scary or really uncomfortable. Even the things I would like to do, try or experience in my lifetime needed me to come out of my comfort zone.  And there is no next time when I want to complete such tasks. When I tick one, I add few more to the list. If I don’t bother to really do things, I want to try or experience I would missed out on many joys.  I should stop asking, Should I? Can I? Rather start saying I should and I can and I really can!
If I want to get something, I have never got, I need to do few things I have never done.

Comments

  1. Moving out of comfort zone and boredom
    can be like, taking a responsibility of special and creative task at workplace... Helping colleagues.. Make a phone call to old friend or relative.. Trying a different recipe... Loving a pet.. Meditation and visiting lonely spiritual place... Trying a new hobby.. Watching old movie ...
    These may be small but easy ways to keep u refresh..
    Making new friends is a qualitative way of enriching experience for journey of life..

    Smiling and honesty at work is mantra to keeps the boredom at distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Bhushan.. We need to explore all such small and big things and enjoy our life.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic, motivation and me

Aihole Pattadakal and Badami Caves

Her little concern!